HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

there is a joker with the username "error" - the user should probably be deleted

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited August 2012 in Feedback

since it will lead to all kinds of confusion.

@error

@underdog

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• Options
    errorioerrorio New
    edited August 2012

@peregrine I assure you, I am no joker.

• Options

@error said:
    peregrine I assure you, I am no joker.

So ... request a nickname change and let's see if we can make that work out...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭

i honestly don't see in what way that name would add confusion and be an issue, can anyone fill me in? Just curious.

personally i think it's a cool username

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

@fh111

no problem it was user error

not user error

but user error

just search error probably.

at this point - you guys speak multiple languages and have a good command of english. But if you consider the non-english speakers, who have enough trouble understanding sentences, without adding layer of complexity of words and screennames with dual meanings. I've seen enough confusion on this forum understanding what people are saying. How about usernames - install delete configure ping config - we need more confusion and make the search capability even worse than it is.

e.g. using latest version

why add another layer of complexity, but if you feel this won't confuse speakers with a poor command of english and you like ambiguity. I think it makes it difficult, no matter how cute the screenname is. Sometimes I can understand things without confusion that other people find confusing and vice versa.

And I don't particularly relish searching for error and coming up with a user name that has nothing to do with my intent to search for error as in err

I am however finished trying to explain why I started the thread and I am finished commenting now. And you and HalfCat have stated it is not confusing to you and you see nothing wrong with it. It looks like we will always be in disagreement on this.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭

Good points, I just did not think that far. Thanks

• Options

Oh, so that's why my name is different and I couldn't log in.

I used to go by ioerror but unfortunately I often got mistaken for someone else. Which was really bad when certain government agents made that mistake... but that's another story.

I guess I'll have to live with it.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

We still love you though.