Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

'tiered' viewability of forum

edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is there any way of allowing guests to view only selected categories?

There are discussions on the forum that we would prefer guests not to view but a certain information threads that we would like to allow them to view.

Many thanks

Best Answers

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited August 2012 Answer ✓

You can set custom permissions for each category. Just tick off "This category has custom permissions" when creating a new category and adjust the permissions however you'd like them to be.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options
    Answer ✓

You're most certainly welcome, glad it worked out!

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

Answers

• Options
    edited August 2012 Answer ✓

You can set custom permissions for each category. Just tick off "This category has custom permissions" when creating a new category and adjust the permissions however you'd like them to be.

• Options

Cheers, I've looked at the permissions and there are only view/not view permissions for guests that apply to the whole forum. It seems that there's no administrator definable areas of the forum that guests can view.

Unless I'm missing something very obvious :^]

thanks

• Options

i'm being daft, you mean assign permissions to categories, not users

brilliant, thanks a lot for your help!

• Options
    Answer ✓

You're most certainly welcome, glad it worked out!