Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Options Button not displaying properly in IE

edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm running Vanilla 2.0.18.4. Things mostly look okay to me, but in IE, the options button menu is showing behind other items on the page. Is there a fix for this? See attached image.

Comments

• Options

change the z-index in the custom.css for that element and see if it solves your problem.

some versions of IE did have problems with z-index if I recall.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I found out the error and fixed it somewhat. The issue appears to be related to how IE handles box model sizing in CSS. Newer versions of IE draw properly, but older versions do not. I followed this article msdn.microsoft.com/library/cc817572.aspx (I run Vanilla on an IIS server) and set 'value="IE=9"' and now IE9 renders the page correctly.

I am still having an issue with IE7 on XP though. I don't know if it's worth fixing an issue that shows up on a browser that is 8 years old. I might have no choice though. If anyone has a suggestion for how to fix the css, i would appreciate it.

• Options

works on ie8 on xp, so i'm happy. we can upgrade ie7 to ie8 for xp users.