Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

some default.master.tpl files and the main menu

sottwellsottwell New
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

In the default applications/dashboard/views default.master.tpl the main menu is built using the $this->Menu->AddLink function. However, the theme I'm trying to customize, Nebula, uses a different structure altogether.

It has an unordered list with items like {dashboard_link} and {discussions_link}. Where are these defined? How does one go about customizing this menu?

Other themes use this same structure, such as the EmbedFriendly and mobile themes that come with the installation.

Comments

• I finally tracked it down in the SmartyPlugins folder, and added a {home_link} to my default.master.tpl file, but should I be modifying these Smarty plugins? Can they be overridden like the default Vanilla views are?

• I posted a comment on your other thread relating to smarty.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

you could paste a homemade function like this in the

library/Vendors/SmartyPlugins

function.mysigninout_link.php

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();

function smarty_function_mysigninout_link($Params, &$Smarty) {
       $Wrap = GetValue('wrap', $Params, 'li');  
       return Gdn_Theme::Link('signinout',
          GetValue('text', $Params, ''),
          GetValue('format', $Params, Wrap('<a href="%url" class="%class mysigninout">%text</a>', $Wrap)));
    }

then you could call it from default.master.tpl

with this

{mysigninout_link}

it would add the class mysigninout to the list of classes.

the %class is just a placehoder that gets string replaced with $Class

$Class gets acted upon in class.theme.php depending on the parameter e.g. activity signin - it add the appropriate class which in the case of signin is
    "SignInPopup" which allows the signin popup to occur.

if however the line in you function said this

GetValue('format', $Params, Wrap('<a href="%url" class="mysigninout">%text</a>', $Wrap)));

there would be no %class and consequently SignInPopup class wouldn't be assigned and the signin page would not be a popup but a normal non-popup signin page.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.