Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to enable Markdown for Search

BboyHavocBboyHavoc New
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Does anyone know how to enable markdown for search results? Vanilla outputs a summary in the search results which, for some reason, doesn't get formatted to markdown when you have markdown enabled.

Some of the comments with markdown in them show the actual markdown code in the search results such as:

**this is supposed to be bold**
_this is supposed to be italicized_

instead of:

this is supposed to be bold
this is supposed to be italicized

Does anyone know of this issue? I know it works fine in this forum because I have seen the search results work correctly with markdown but unfortunately, search isn't working at this moment.

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

This is also an issue that has been fixed in our 2.1 branch.

Answers

• Since search functionality isn't working here at the moment, I did some "Googling" and found an alternative to change the search model and how to interpret the results.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/17907/searching

as per @Todd:

You can wrap your version of the SearchModel in plugin by doing the following:

1. Create a plugin.
    2. Copy your version of class.searchmodel.php into /plugins/yourplugin/class.searchmodel.php.

The framework will use your search model instead of the core when your plugin is enabled.

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

This is also an issue that has been fixed in our 2.1 branch.