Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to change the order of the categories

roncarverroncarver New
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

How to change the order of the categories after they are created.

It says to drag and drop.
What to drag?
Please advise.

Comments

• Grab the category, hover over next to the category title (the white space) click and you will get the option to drag it up or down, a nifty little feature :)

• dashboard->forum->categories
    there's the headline: "sort categories"(or something like that) and than you put your mouse over a category and klick and hold it. than you can drag the category whereever you want.

• When I hover the categories, I get the 4 arrows symbol. The moment you hover over the link, it turn pink.
    Hovering over the title, blank area or description of a category in the dashboard area, you get the 4 arrows. Clicking it, does not do anything.
    I tried to click and hold it, it does not move at all.
    Is it supposed to move as I click and hold?
    Is there an issue with different browser?

• MrKaneMrKane New
    edited August 2012

I only ever use firefox, so i cannot vouch for any other, but it should work. Don't click the category heading, click within the box, hold then drag...i cant tell you how to do it any more simpler than this.

• First thanks to all responders.
    I can see how simple the instructions are, yet very frustrating not being able to do it.
    I am using w7 ultimate and IE9. The click does not work. Like I said, click and get the 4 arrows but no movement.
    So I open Firefox/Mozilla 9.1 and it works like a charm. very neat.
    Thanks.

• Just one more of the thousands of reasons not to use IE.... ever.

• I didn't know whether to click lol about IE or to click insightful for your response.
    my sentiments exactly. But to each their own.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.