Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Very interested in your forum software.

RosieLRosieL New
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi.

Going by the demo at http://www.softaculous.com/softwares/forums, your forum software appeals to me very much, but before putting in time installing and testing I need to know if it meets two requirements that are critical to us.

1. Creation of separate groups/forums that are completely closed to non-members. No one can even view posts unless they are a registered member and logged in. For example: Only members of the Badminton group can login to, and view messages in, the Badminton Forum. Same goes for the Table Tennis Forum and the Kung Fu Forum and so on.

2. Members must be able to opt to receive e-mail notification of ALL posts made to their particular group/forum, including COMPLETELY NEW TOPICS or responses to existing topics.

The number of people eligible to join each group will be small -- I should imagine around 30-50 maximum, much less for most groups/forums.

Any advice much appreciated.

• Rosie.

Answers

• fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭

What you can do is create the user role 'BAdminton' and another user role 'Table Tennis' and then create a category 'Badminton' and another one 'Table Tennis' and only allow the respective user group to see and post in each board.

regarding point two
    i believe that is possible with the plugin EmailSubscriptions. It allows the users to subscribe to all the boards they have access to

My advice is to install a copy of vanilla and play with it. It's worth the effort