Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Fatal Error in Gdn_Database.Query();

Chester07Chester07 New
edited March 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When I was installing Vanilla 2 on my host, I clicked "Continue" and this error came up.
http://imgur.com/a/8Rmci
Thanks!

Comments

• vanilla 2.1 or vanilla 2.0.18?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• it looks like you are trying to add to another user with the same id to the user table.

if if was a new install. just drop, delete all tables and start over.
    probably the easiest.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• So delete all the tables in MySQL?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2012

if it is a NEW install and you don't need the data then drop the tables. The install procedure will recreate them.

you should start anew and reinstall.

If it is an upgrade or a conversion - then don't follow the procedure I suggested.

• Ok, I deleted them. What should I do now?

• for best results. Delete all vanilla related stuff.

download vanilla 2.0.18.4 again and reinstall and read the documentation about installation on the wiki and on this site if there is any.

• Thank you! I'll try a new fresh install.

• Thank you very much! It worked!

• great. Awesome huh!