Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How would I create a category list similar to that of many other forums and Penny Arcade?

edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm working on a project site right now, and I have my forum set up using different categories. I have a heading category (which is all my root categories, according to the setting in the categories menu) and then under that category I have the different forums that apply to that category. I also have my homepage set up for categories only.

I'm trying to be able to add a header to the root category (for example, the On-Topic Forums here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/) Then below that, I want to be able to have the different forum within that category. I've figured out how to do most of that, but I can't figure out how to get each group of categories separated. Currently, all the categories and forums are combined into a single list. How would I seperate those categories into their own groups?

I hope I am clear, as I'm not sure exactly how to explain what I am wanting to do. If I need to add more clarification, I will do so later tonight and I'll add picture if that'll help.

Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers