Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Add thumbnails to topics list?

cnickcnick New
edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Since I see Vanilla with more social potential than what is intended for, an forum solution, or maybe an questions and answers site, is there a possibility that every topic/question from the list to have a thumbnail asociated if the topic/question has a photo in it?
As far as I saw it is a plugin in the addons section but what it does is to show the user's thumbnail/avatar with the excerpt.
Any help appreciated.

Answers

• Options

write a plugin that shows the thumbnail in the discussion topics page.

You have to decide who the thumbnail is going to be - author or last commenter.

either way shouldn'be to hard to modify author time view plugin if you want to - to prepend the photo thumbnail of the repsective author or loast commenter, if I get your gist correctly.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine: Dude, there is already a plugin for that. I want to output a thumbnail based on an image uploaded in the topic(or separately), like wordpress post featured image :)

• Options

same answer. write a plugin prepend the thumbnail.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.