Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Themes Not Working

formigoformigo New
edited March 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi, I was just wondering whether anyone could help - I don't seem to be able to get any theme to work apart from the standard 'Vanilla' one? Even the 'Embed Friendly' and 'mobile' themes don't work. I get the error "Bonk Something funky happened. Please bear with us while we iron out the kinks." Every time I try enabling one??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@formigo

Do a search on here for 'Bonk' and take the steps needed to get a detailed error report.

If the report doesn't show you how to fix it, post the details here and someone will help you.

• Options

I have the same problem (see attached file).

After when i am created needed folders in my site everything was working.

• Options

Exact same issue... Can only use the default theme. All others go BONK :S

• Options

@gstar

I have the exact same answer:

Do a search on here for 'Bonk' and take the steps needed to get a detailed error report.

If the report doesn't show you how to fix it, post the details here and someone will help you.

• Options

Yes I searched for "bonk"... But cannot see anything relevant.

With detailed error report I wasn't sure what you meant. I tried debugger in plugins, but I still only get the "bonk" message.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

solving bonk error to get error report...
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/168676/#Comment_168676

as said before - after you get the error report instead of bonk, post your error and we'll help you find the relevant issue.

probably this to resolve your error if similar:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/21180/newbie-changing-theme-forum-bonk-etc

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@gstar

Bonk is a 'user friendly' page.

You can set Vanilla to show a detailed error message instead.

How to set that has been asked and answered dozens of times on here.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

@gstar solved the "bonk vs. error message display", now on to the crux of the problem...

see

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/170353/#Comment_170353

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine thank you for your support!