Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

remove subcatogory ↳ Downwards Arrow With Tip Rightwards

edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I can't find the code that tells vanilla version 2.0.18.4 to insert a ↳ downwards arrow with tip rightwards before sub-category name. I would like to remove these as the font change alone distinguishes for me the sub-categories from the bold category names.

I'm using the EmbedFriendly theme. Greatly appreciate all the hard work that went into making the cleanest forum out there!

Comments

• Options
    fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭

copy applications>vanilla>views>modules>categories.php

into themes>themename>views>modules>categories.php

then edit in the copied file around line 41

echo Wrap(Anchor(($Category->Depth > 1 ? '↳ ' : '').Gdn_Format::Text($Category->Name)...and so on

• Options
    edited September 2012

THANKS! That worked.

One More question to align the sub-categories with the main categories:

Where is the css or what css do I need to add to my custom css to make the sub-categories line up with the main categories?

I found the following code in the style.css, pasted it into my custom css and changed the padding values to what you see below:

/* Category Depths */
    .PanelCategories .Depth2 { padding-left: 10px; }
    .CategoryList .Depth2 { padding-left: 10px !important; }

I pasted it below the following code in my custom.css file.

#Panel {
        float: right;
    }

It did not work. What am I missing?

Thanks for the help!

• Options
    edited September 2012

when i change it in my custom.css it works

the line

.PanelCategories .Depth2 { padding-left: 10px; }

was already in there

themes>themename>design>custom.css

edit:

what theme are you using?

• Options
    edited September 2012

Mmm...
    I copied the code you gave me above into the EmbedFriendly custom.css file. (I know I need to duplicate it and give it a new name, and will do so later). The padding is still there:
    my Vanilla forum.

Maybe the space is caused by how edited the code to get rid of the down arrow? I just deleted the character from the block of code:

echo Wrap(Anchor(($Category->Depth > 1 ? '' : '').Gdn_Format::Text($Category->Name), '/categories/'.rawurlencode($Category->UrlCode)), 'strong')

• Options

I am using the default theme and it works fine. i have no idea why it doen't work for the embeddFriendly

maybe @422 has an idea?

• Options

Thanks so much for your help. This last issue -- with the tiny amount of padding -- is important to me only because I would like things perfectly lined up, but really my form, with this padding, looks great (thanks to all the coding by the Vanilla team)!