Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Mass delete spam users?

edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Are there any plugins to mass delete users?

At least on the busy forum I run, I've been getting people who register, add a spam link to their account, and go away.

It would be great to auto delete all accounts with 0 comments, 0 discussions, and have a site link set. Just to keep the user list cleaner if nothing else. If it auto deleted all their content, would clean up the Activity page as well.

Any plugin to do this, or a pointer where to start building such a plugin.

Comments

• Options

This is a good idea for a community developed plugin. Does @x00 have time to lead?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2012

if UserID and ActivityID were properly joined into one SQL statement (and the userid's were captured. then you could delete all respective userid and all activityid from user and activity.

SELECT UserID FROM GDN_User where CountDiscussions < '1' and CountComments < '1'

SELECT ActivityUserID, Story FROM GDN_Activity WHERE Story like '%www.%'

The biggest problem I see is a forum owner, running it and then realizing they didn't want to.

offhand I don't know a proper join statement.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    DNB2BDNB2B New
    edited September 2012

I have been facing this problem too. Actually Vanilla already has such a function in the Approve/Decline applicants page. The same functionality could be extended in the users page also. Further, both the pages should also provide option for "bulk select"... I am actually surprised that this is not a base feature, especially in a script for forums, which are prone to spam bot nuisance.

This feature should not be a plugin, but included in the core system.

• Options

@DNB2B said:
    This feature should not be a plugin, but included in the core system.

Good, you know what to do then: A feature request on the GitHub system. Let's see if they can put it in the 2.1 version :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.