Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Tag Clouds plugin

BVXBVX New
edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Tags panel in the right column is like one mile long .. lol ... every user is creating tags left right and center without much care to the spelling. Please help with three action items:

1. Is there a tag cloud plugin? (where size of each word is in proportion to the times it has been used)
  2. What's the best way to weed out misspellings of common words .. the list is huge every day with new tags?
  3. How exactly to hide the Tags panel in the right column?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2012

1) I think so - did you search the plugin area.

2) make forum members pass a spelling test before they are allowed to add tags.

3) use your browser tools firebug, webdeveloper, identify the element you want to hide

if you want to hide tags panel put something like this put this in your custom.css.

.Box .Tags {
    display:none;
    }

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@BVX said:
    Tags panel in the right column is like one mile long

you mean here on the community forum or on your own forum? When you create a tag as a user a list of suggested tags should show up.

Consider building on the current tags system something in the admin panel that administers the tags

There was an error rendering this rich post.