Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How can I disable the logout confirmation?

businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP
edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Perhaps it's a stupid question, but I can't figure out how to skip the logout confirmation dialog. Is there an option somewhere? Thanks in advance for the answers.

Answers

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2012

What do you mean? Is this related to a plugin? Standard vanilla gives me an option to click signout and it signs me out. Maybe an image of what you are talking about would help.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

In my installation, when I click "Sign out", I get a page which tells me something like "Are you sure you want to sign out?". Now you made me doubt that it might be due to the theme. I'm going to check.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2012

try using the default theme and see if you get a signout confirmation.

maybe you are hitting

vanilla/applications/dashboard/views/entry/signout.php

(I'm sure you know what to do if you use and see this code and want to remove it)

or a similar signout.php

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();
    $Session = Gdn::Session();
    ?>
    <div id="Leave">
       <h1><?php echo T('Sign Out'); ?></h1>
       <div class="Box">
       <?php if ($this->Leaving) { ?>
          <p class="Leaving"><?php echo T('Hang on a sec while we sign you out.'); ?></p>
       <?php } else if ($Session->IsValid()) { ?>
          <p><?php printf(T('You are attempting to sign out of Vanilla. Are you sure you want to %s?'), Anchor(T('sign out'), SignOutUrl())); ?></p>
       <?php } else { ?>
          <p><?php echo T('You are signed out.'); ?></p>
       <?php } ?>
       </div>
    </div>

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Ok, it's not the theme, but I figured out what was wrong. This installation uses Jsconnect, requiring authentication on another site. One of the requirements is that, when User clicks "logout" on Vanilla, the logout happens on the other website first, and then on Vanilla (so that a single logout closes both sessions).

The way it's implemented is by having Vanilla's "Sign out" link pointing to the logout URL on the other website, which after logging out the User, redirects to the logout URL of Vanilla. The issue was that such URL didn't contain the transient key, effectively making the action somewhat suspicious and requiring confirmation to proceed. You can easily replicate the behaviour by copying the logout link from the menu, removing the transient key and pasting it in the address bar.

Bottom line: everything is fine, Vanilla was just trying to protect the User (it's even safer than the horrible Magento we're using for the ecommerce, such validation doesn't exist in it).