Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Does it work?

edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I installed and enabled it on my forum but the syntax produces no output at all. Just prints the code itself. Is there something else to do?

Comments

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

post the result of what gets thrown on the screen...

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

it's likely caused by the php tag not being closed in the files.

• Options
    HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited September 2012

Judging by the format of the tags, it may only work with simple html maybe? I don't have this installed but you can change your input format with

$Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'simple html';

• Options
    edited September 2012

@hbf said:
    post the result of what gets thrown on the screen...

Uh, its simple. To roll the dice, you have to include
    <roll>XdY[+/-Z]</roll>

Where X, Y and Z are some integers. And it outputs the result in the form of some integer.

<roll>1d20[+5]</roll>

should output some thing like

But in my case, it pastes it simply as <roll>1d20[+5]</roll>, means it is not getting parsed.

• Options

@HalfCat said:
    Judging by the format of the tags, it may only work with simple html maybe? I don't have this installed but you can change your input format with

$Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'simple html';

I dont think it should be like that. If it was, then the plugin author would have mentioned it.

• Options

@hbf said:
    it's likely caused by the php tag not being closed in the files.

The files look alright actually.

• Options
    edited September 2012

oops

• Options

@pawandubey:

Sorry this took me so long to get to! I will qualify this answer with the fact that my forum is very vanilla. I do know that this does not work with the wysiwyg editor; it escapes things before they get to my mod. If you know of a way to solve that, let me know... otherwise it will have to wait until I have time to get to it.

Does that apply to your situation?