Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

I need announcements not to show in the Homepage.

TomasGTomasG New
edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello.
I've imported a forum from vBulletin, where stickies aren't used exclusively for making announcements. Here they work differently and I'm fine with that.
However, I'd really like these announcements to be shown only when the user is browsing a category, and not in the Homepage. Is there any way this can be done?
Thanks!

Best Answer

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

In 2.1 there's an option to only announce a discussion in its category. If you don't want to upgrade to 2.1 yet, you can do something similar using CSS:

.Discussions.index .Item.Announcement {
        display: none;
    }

...or using JS:

$(".Discussions.index .Item.Announcement").remove();

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

Answers

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

In 2.1 there's an option to only announce a discussion in its category. If you don't want to upgrade to 2.1 yet, you can do something similar using CSS:

.Discussions.index .Item.Announcement {
        display: none;
    }

...or using JS:

$(".Discussions.index .Item.Announcement").remove();

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options

Hey, thanks a lot. We've decided to upgrade to 2.1 . Thanks again!

• Options

Where would this edit be made, for v. 2.0.18.4? I'd really like to suppress announcements on the All Discussions page.
    Ta! ---john---

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@macanics

in the custom.css page of your theme.

• Options

Thanks. I will try that later.

• Options

@whu606 : Works a charm - thanks!