Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How do I prevent deletion of the user photo if I do not deliver a photourl via jsconnect?

HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I use jsConnect to log my users in and also register them. On my end of the application, I do not have the option for my users to upload photos. That is solely a feature of the forum. Now, how do I prevent the photo from being deleted each time the user signs in?

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

I'll see if I can backport the changes to the 2.0.18 branch and give you a link. Gimme a couple days.

Answers

• @Todd: Can you give me a hint with this one?

Hmm... I do believe I've coded jsConnect to work like this in our 2.1 branch. What version of Vanilla are you using?

• HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited September 2012

I am using 2.0.18.4. Judging by your answer, I cannot prevent this from happening on my side? In that case, I guess I have to provide the possibility of uploading an image on my end...

Answer ✓

I'll see if I can backport the changes to the 2.0.18 branch and give you a link. Gimme a couple days.

• Thanks a lot, Todd!

• @Todd: No need to backport anymore. I solved the issue with the following modifications of the class.jsconnect.plugin.php file:

I commented out rows 219 and 329-331.

Now the profile picture can't be updated via jsconnect anymore and thus stays the same once the user changed it in Vanilla. Thanks again for your effort though!