Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Bonk Error when updating the description of a category.

freefree New
edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

Recently, i just want to update the Description of a category then click Save. However, the following error prompt.
Another strange behavior is that when i save with "This category is archived". The error disappear, but the category disappear, too.

Anyone help me out! thanks.

Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'Archived' at row 1
update GDN_Category Category set 
 `UrlCode` = :UrlCode,
 `Archived` = :Archived,
 `Name` = :Name,
 `Description` = :Description,
 `UpdateUserID` = :UpdateUserID,
 `DateUpdated` = :DateUpdated,
 `AllowDiscussions` = :AllowDiscussions
where CategoryID = :CategoryID
The error occurred on or near: D:\forum_vanilla\library\database\class.database.php
276: 
277:          if (!is_object($PDOStatement)) {
278:             trigger_error(ErrorMessage('PDO Statement failed to prepare', $this->ClassName, 'Query', $this->GetPDOErrorMessage($this->Connection()->errorInfo())), E_USER_ERROR);
279:          } else if ($PDOStatement->execute($InputParameters) === FALSE) {
280:             trigger_error(ErrorMessage($this->GetPDOErrorMessage($PDOStatement->errorInfo()), $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR);
281:          }
282:       } else {
283:          $PDOStatement = $this->Connection()->query($Sql);
284:       }

Backtrace:

[D:\forum_vanilla\library\database\class.database.phpPHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler();
[D:\forum_vanilla\library\database\class.database.php:280] PHP::trigger_error();
[D:\forum_vanilla\library\database\class.sqldriver.php:1650] Gdn_Database->Query();
[D:\forum_vanilla\library\database\class.sqldriver.php:1619] Gdn_SQLDriver->Query();
[D:\forum_vanilla\library\core\class.model.php:276] Gdn_SQLDriver->Put();
[D:\forum_vanilla\applications\vanilla\models\class.categorymodel.php:885] Gdn_Model->Update();
[D:\forum_vanilla\library\core\class.form.php:1742] CategoryModel->Save();
[D:\forum_vanilla\applications\vanilla\controllers\class.settingscontroller.php:401] Gdn_Form->Save();
[D:\forum_vanilla\applications\vanilla\controllers\class.settingscontroller.php:401] SettingsController->EditCategory();
[D:\forum_vanilla\library\core\class.dispatcher.php:322] PHP::call_user_func_array();
[D:\forum_vanilla\index.php:53] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();
---------------------

Answers

• @free said:
    Recently, i just want to update the Description of a category then click Save. However, the following error prompt.

is it a complete new install of Vanilla or a conversion (migration) from other forum software?
    Vanilla version is 2.0.18.4 or something else?
    Same problems on FireFox AND Internet Explorer?

Another strange behavior is that when i save with "This category is archived". The error disappear, but the category disappear, too.

The category probably doesn't disappear, but it's archived. It's still in the database, just 'hidden' (the functionality of 'archived', sortof)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• The vanilla2 installed on my site is the latest version and not migration. The problem occurs when using Google Chrome. Seems IE works fine. I wonder whether this is a known compatible issue with Chrome.

Thanks for the hint to try another browser.

• Latest version? Ah, that helps. assumes the version number is 2.0.18.4, downloaded from vf.org

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2012

@UnderDog said:

Latest version? Ah, that helps. assumes the version number is 2.0.18.4, downloaded from vf.org

I've come to the conclusion "latest version" means I don't know (I want the replier to guess and ask me another question)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited September 2012

@peregrine said:
    I don't know (I want the replier to guess and ask me another question)

Ooooh! we could make a t-shirt of that one too :-)

'why were you driving 120 mph while intoxicated sir!' >> You will havv to guezz and azk me anozter queztion

• Anyway, Version 2.0.18.4(The latest stable release of vanilla2) is what gets installed. I met some other issues related to MySql5.5. e.g. un-archive the category.

• @free said:
    I met some other issues related to MySql5.5. e.g. un-archive the category.

Explain please with as much details as you can give. un-archive the category? Which issues do you connect with MySQL 5.5? (very important!)

• Dashboard->Forum->Select one archived category and edit Category-> uncheck the "This category is archived" checkbox. Then Save. the similiar error("Incorrect integer value") mentioned above appears.

• If you can confirm this with 2.0.18.4 then please add a bug report on gitHub and post the bug report number. Hopefully it will be solved with the new version that's in development at the moment (develop branch on gitHub)

• Hi Guys, new to vanilla forums, im expreiencing the same problems as above, fresh install of 2.0.18.4 , MySQL 5.6, IIS7, PHP5

I can create and organise the categorys fine but when changing either any of the default desciptions or descriptions iv set in my categorys under the "edit" function i get a bonk !

if i can add anything to this thread screenshot or code shot wise let me know.

• If the details of your bonk error are the same as the topic starter, see if a bug report has been created on gitHub.

So a 'bonk' error doesn't say much, the details are important!
    Maybe your details differ from the topic starter's details.