Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Category Management

edited October 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm using Categories & Discussions as my 'Homepage" and have a question about the Category Management. It seems that this option just isn't working, unless there's something I've missed.

As a normal member I have gone here and unfollowed some categories:

However, when I view the homepage it still shows me these categories:

Is there something I've missed or am I not understanding the purpose of having that Category Management box show up?

Comments

• Options

I'm not sure if follow is only meant for showing rss feeds or not.

You could try another one of my plugins - if you want to filter discussions from certain categories on the all discussions page (but this is not user selectable, it is site wide).

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/hidecategory-plugin

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Ah, ok. I was looking at that plugin but it was realistically for users to select if they want to hide something. I just directed users to set /forum/categories/all as their bookmark for the forum. They seemed to be happy.

Thanks again @peregrine!