Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

What is Vanilla 2.1a? Should be simple but I can't find out anywhere

edited October 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hey everyone - I'm new to Vanilla and have been playing around with the open source version on my host this week. I really like it and I'm using various plugins to fill the feature gaps that exist with the core code.

I found an "approved" plugin called quotes. It says I need Vanilla and Vanilla 2.1a. I am using the most recent public release of the code (2.0.18.4) and so when I go to install the plugin I get an error (that I need 2.1a).

For the life of me, searching far and wide, I can't figure out what 2.1.a is. Is it some non-public release? What am I missing here? I feel like a clueless newbie :)

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Vanilla 2.1a is the alpha release of the latest build of the Vanilla software. It's currently being actively developed - you can find it here: https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@cumiastowski: Take one of the older downloads if you need the Quotes working. The one before the actual version (that you tried) works under 2.0.X.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options

@phreak - thanks for that tip! Super helpful. I'm getting used to open source and the idea that all older versions are still around. I assume it's in github? I'll look.

• Options

Ok, I now notice older versions are listed on the plugin page too. All good.