Customizing Vanilla: sharing my clean Discussions layout
Hi folks, I'm really enjoying hacking about with Vanilla since I discovered it last week. Using the Stable version here's what I've come up with so far:
There are some subtle changes that I think give the forum a more balanced look. I have:
- Added user images using the popular plugin
- Moved the discussion category to the left (like on VF.org)
- Removed the '1 New' boxes
- Made 'Latest post by TestUser' link to the last post of a thread. Sometimes I like to read threads backwards!
- Used the BigCount plugin to display number of comments only, using black or grey to show if there are any unread.
So far so good! I hope this layout gives someone some ideas.