Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product
Please upgrade to 2.3 here. The 2.2 and earlier branches are no longer being updated.

[Solved] KarmaBank and I Like This: consecutive "Likes" not being counted

This discussion is related to the Karma Bank addon.
50sQuiff50sQuiff ✭✭
edited April 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.3

Hi @x00 and others. I've installed "I Like This" and KarmaBank to create a basic reputation system for my forum. Here's what happens:

1. Logged in as User A, I Like a post by User B. The number of Likes associated with the post increases by 1.
  2. User B's Karma balance only increases when I log in as User B and/or reload a page. I presume this is related to some caching process.

I can repeat 1 and 2 as many times as I like and it works fine. But here is where the problem lies:

1. Logged in as User A, I Like a post by User B. The number of Likes associated with the post increases by 1.
  2. Logged in as User A, I Like a different post by User B. The number of Likes associated with that post increases by 1.
  3. User B refreshes the page but his Karma only increases by 1.

Is there a way for me to fix this? Is it a simple rules issue? I'm currently using diffequals with values of 1.0 and 1.0.

Regards,
Quiff

Comments

• 50sQuiff50sQuiff ✭✭
    edited October 2012

OK, it seems like I've fixed it with a hack. I replaced the line

$KarmaBank->Transaction($Type,$Rule->Amount,$Value,$RuleID);

With

$LikeAmount = $Value - $TallyValue; $KarmaBank->Transaction($Type,$LikeAmount,$Value,$RuleID);

• no don't that. Try changing

public static function OperationDiffEquals($MetaValue,$Target,$Condition,$User,$LastTrans,$Option){
            $Difference=$MetaValue-($LastTrans ? $LastTrans->LastTally : 0);
            if($Difference && abs($Difference)%$Target!==0)
                return FALSE;
            return abs($Difference)!= $Difference? -1:1;
        }

to

public static function OperationDiffEquals($MetaValue,$Target,$Condition,$User,$LastTrans,$Option){
            $Difference=$MetaValue-($LastTrans ? $LastTrans->LastTally : 0);
            if($Difference && abs($Difference)%$Target!==0)
                return FALSE;
            return $Difference;
        } 

that way other things won't get broken

grep is your friend.

• Thank you, that works.

• kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
    edited April 2013

EDIT - Problem Solved

I solved it - your solution does work. Thank you @x00! I must've typed something incorrectly in my first attempt.