Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to remove avatars in Notifications *only*?

edited October 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi there! I need help figuring out how to completely remove avatars/user icons from the Notifications page ONLY. I've already attempted to do this via CSS, but that also removed avatars from various other areas, such as discussions and topics.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Something like this should do the trick:

.InformMessages .ProfilePhoto {
        display: none;
    }

Here we're hiding all images with the class of .ProfilePhoto that are placed within the .InformMessages element, which just so happens to be the main container of all notifications.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

Answers

• Options

You could utilize the .InformMessages class to do it using CSS.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options

Could you please be a bit more specific? I'm kind of clueless here. :D

• Options
    edited October 2012

Sure! You said you've tried hiding the avatars using CSS - how did your code look?

• Options
    edited October 2012

My CSS knowledge is extremely limited, so I just added display: none; after .Item .Author img {

It didn't do much. :p

If you could give me some directions on how to utilize InformMessages, I'd appreciate it! Again, I'm kind of clueless when it comes to CSS.

• Options
    Answer ✓

Something like this should do the trick:

.InformMessages .ProfilePhoto {
        display: none;
    }

Here we're hiding all images with the class of .ProfilePhoto that are placed within the .InformMessages element, which just so happens to be the main container of all notifications.