Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

I have a few questions post install

lekeleke New
edited October 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I've just got my forum up an running, but I have a few questions...

Are there easy ways to do the following with Vanilla (I'm thinking like with plug-ins)?

1. Is there a way to add extra fields to the sign up process, like real name, and have this also display when posting?

2. Can I separate localisation between the admin control panel and everyone else?

3. Can the user select between 2 installed languages?

4. Can I restrict certain categories of the site to a specified list of users?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2012

@leke

1) Is there a way to add extra fields to the sign up process, like real name, and have this also display when posting?

I think you would need a custom plugin. I'm not aware if there is one.

2) Can I separate localisation between the admin control panel and everyone else?

you could define the localisation in the dashboard with what you want.

3) Can the user select between 2 installed languages?

not in vanilla per se. use google translate or something

4) Can I restrict certain categories of the site to a specified list of users?

yes - use custom permissions for an assigned role (for all the users able to access category).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

For extra fields in signup process, I think the new plugin called aboutme or profile extender in the github

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited October 2012

@leke said:

1. Can the user select between 2 installed languages?

Yes, there is a plugin for this on Github: https://github.com/vanillaforums/Addons/tree/master/plugins/Multilingual