Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Block login process after 5 fails (brute force protection)

Hello, is it possible something like this ? Someone hacked my forum today :-(
Thank you.

Comments

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Even I would like this function

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

I'm actually working on a plugin which does exactly this. I'll publish it on my website soon. :)

• very nice!
    when you think it will be ok ?

I'm doing some testing on the throttling mechanism, but it shouldn't take long. The only thing is that I will have to release another plugin before this one, as this one relies on it.

Good news, the plugin is ready. I'm now writing some documentation for both this new plugin and one it requires, and I'll make both of them available on my online shop. I completed them in record time!

• Very nice!

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Excellent Sir :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Apologies for the delay, I've been very busy recently. The good news is that I managed to upload all the plugins to my shop. The readme for LoginGuard is still missing, but it should be quite easy.

Bonus
    To celebrate Halloween and the launch of LoginGuard plugin, you can get 10% discount when you buy it, by using the code THEGUARD-1211.

• Nice!

• I was a little betatester :D, but it works very well now. I can recommend it ;)

@Re4DeR said:
    I was a little betatester :D, but it works very well now. I can recommend it ;)

Sorry for the inconvenience. The issue you faced was due to a typo in a folder name. I developed and tested the plugin on XAMPP, which runs on Windows, which has a case-insensitive file system. Linux, instead, complained because folder loginguard doesn't exist, as it's called LoginGuard. Stupid mistake, I know. Sorry about that. :)

• How i said - no problem. I know it very well too :D.