Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Moved from one hosting to another (.htaccess problem)*

irminsolirminsol New
edited October 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I moved my vanilla forum from one hosting to another. I did this:

1. Copied all the files in /vanilla-folder
2. Moved them to new hosting under same /vanilla-folder
3. Deleted /cache/*.ini 
4. Changed db-connection data in config.php
5. In config.php I had this:
$Configuration['Plugins']['EmbedVanilla']['RemoteUrl'] = 'http://www.MYSECRETSITE.xx/forum.php';

I kept that since I also moved the DNS-name to the new hosting company.

It all seems to work fine. When I go to http://www.MYSECRETSITE.xx/forum.php it loads and I can view the topics but as soon as I click on anything I get errors like:

Not Found
The requested URL /vanilla/discussion/9/foersoeker-foersta-varfoer was not found on this server.

And

The requested URL /vanilla/entry/signin was not found on this server.

Why not just re-install? I would absolutley do that if it wasn't for all the tweaking I've done in numerous files to adjust the forum to swedish. So why not just check the date on the files you changed and save them and copy them over after re-install? Not possible since all the files got the same date when I moved them to new hosting server and the old ones are no longer accessible.

Please advice.

kindly,
Hank

Comments

• Options

2 things. The alterations you made in the sourcecode (hopefully only translations) could be suggested to the translation site (project) we are all working on : Transifex.
    The other thing : When you use the program 'Winmerge' you do not have to compare dates and stuff, the contents of the files will be compared.
    2 directories : old_site and new_site, use WinMerge and you know which files were changed and which changes were made.

Your problem right now is probably that you let your url end with 'forum.php' I think that messes up all the 'smart' urls like /vanilla/discussion/9/foersoeker-foersta-varfoer

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited October 2012

Well you may need to update your embed code to reflect then move, follow the instruction for embedding again.

May be do with server rule like rewites. If you are using apache you shoudl check your .htaccess, it is also possible you didn't copy your .haccess, as it can be hidden in ftp client by default.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Yes! The .htaccess was the problem. I moved that and it worked again. Many, many thank you.
    @UnderDog: Winmerge is noted, thanks! About the translation project: I can't promise anything, but if I get the time I will absolutley help you. Good to give something back.

• Options

LOL, thanks @x00 for the .htaccess answer

There was an error rendering this rich post.