Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Moving a working server.. Help

Hi all.

I have been using Vanilla for a while now but needed to move it to another server.

I did the following:

exported and imported my dbase
copied var/www/vanilla from one machine to the new one (used both archived and SSH to keep permissions)

http://localhost/vanila

produced:

Fatal error: Class 'VanillaModel' not found in /var/www/vanilla/plugins/FileUpload/class.mediamodel.php on line 11

I deleted FileUpload, dont know why. It was the only error after all. But...

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/vanilla/applications/controllers/class.controller.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/vanilla/library/core/class.dispatcher.php on line 531

Can anyone help me get my forum back up and running. I'd be most grateful for any help

Del Jones

Answers

• Options

After you have moved your files to the new server you need to delete cache/*.ini files let's see if that works for you.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Underdog...

Many thanks for the quick reply...

I'll give that a go next chance I get and come back with the results.

Thanks for now

Del

• Options

Underdog...

OK I did what you recommended and bingo I got the first page but non of the links work. It says that pages could not be found...

cliveden.webhop.net

odd

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Have you moved the .htaccess file too?

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub