Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

need some techy help pelase

Hi, im hoping someone can help me, id be very grateful!

Ive installed vanilla forums on my wordpress site, the forum sits on its own URL, how do i get it to sit inside my theme so the header and menu bars are still visible?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options

Looks like you want to embed your forum into your wordpress site. You'll have to ask other users how to do that or look in the documentation

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited November 2012

Please post the URL to the site in question. If you are hosting your WP page, I suggest you use Mantra theme. It is very customizable and you can insert your forum anywhere you want even in it's own page.

Either way you need to add a text widget somewhere with the code of the forum or make a wp page to insert the forum.

also if you look at the class.embedvanilla.plugin.php you will see :

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ChangeLog
    1.0.2 - Moved WordPress plugin to WP.org repository & updated link to http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/vanilla-forums/
    */

// Define the plugin:
    $PluginInfo['embedvanilla'] = array(
       'Name' => '<Embed> Vanilla',
       'Description' => "Embed Vanilla allows you to embed your Vanilla forum within another application like WordPress, Drupal, or some custom website you've created.",
       'Version' => '1.0.6',
       'Author' => "Mark O'Sullivan",
       'AuthorEmail' => '*snip*',
       'AuthorUrl' => 'http://markosullivan.ca',
        'SettingsUrl' => '/plugin/embed',
        'MobileFriendly' => TRUE
    );
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 

MobileFriendly may be making your forum be displayed without headers. Try changing it to False and see if that fixes it.

• Options

its www.sportsbets4free.co.uk/forum

Sorted it though :)

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

:) good , when I first load the page I get the mobile version of the site. Then it settles ....but the header and such shows.