Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Adding Modules to Mobile Theme

phreakphreak MVP
edited November 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi everybody,

I've gone through several postings and the documentation here, but i wasn't able to integrate modules that are usually in the panel into the mobile version. Plugins like WhosOnline and other doesn't seem to work, while others that are loaded into the MessageBody appear, just by adding MobileFriendly.

1.)
First i tried to insert the Panel like this {asset name="Panel"} - Didn't work, also that's not what i want to achieve.
Then i added modules in DIV-Containers like this.

<?php $Sender->AddModule('WhosOnline'); ?>

or

<?php $this->AddModule('WhosOnline'); ?>

I also made the WhosOnline Module "mobileFriendly", but it doesn't appear.

2.) I'd like to add the Activity Wall to my mobile theme. But i couldn't find a way in the documentation. How did you do it?

Can someone hint me to a solution regarding this two?

Thanx
phreak

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

Comments

• Yes, instead of making the mobile theme mobile unfriendly , why don't you put a link to the full site on the mobile theme, and a link back to the mobile version from the full site.

• @vrijvlinder: Great, since 2006 on the board and people tent to answer me questions like this.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • edited November 2012

@phreak Ok if you want to put a panel in the mobile then you need to alter the default.master.tpl and add {asset name="Panel"} (plus all the links that go with it just like in the "Head")where you want it to appear.

{asset name='Head'}
        •   {discussions_link} {profile_link} {inbox_link} {custom_menu} {event name="BeforeSignInLink"} {if !$User.SignedIn}
        •   {link path="signin" class="SignIn"}
        •   {/if}
    {asset name="Content"}
    {nomobile_link wrap="span"} {dashboard_link wrap="span"} {signinout_link wrap="span"}