Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can't sign out

When I click "sign out" on my forums, nothing seems to happen. How can I fix this? I've been looking for an answer but nothing has worked.

This is the link for the sign out button:
forum/entry/signout?TransientKey=1TYJWKNDEGZG

Comments

• Is this a new install? Try creating a new user and logging in and try logging out to see if it is a problem just with the specific user or a general problem with sign out. Are you using any plugins for signing in or just plain old vanilla.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Yes, this is a new install. I created a new user and there was no problem logging in & out. The problem is with my Administrator user. When I click "sign out" it goes to All Discussions, but does not log out. I am not using any plugins for signing in.

• If it's a new install and you can to re-install again withouttoo much effort - then I would remove vanilla completely and reinstall.

Otherwise - you could create a new administrator user and delete the old one after you are sure the new administrator works.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

or you could delete the cookies in your browser and see it that fixes it. Then see if the transient key in your signout is the same one as the one in the user table.

• I created a new administrator user and deleted the old one. It looks to be working fine now. I guess it was just a problem with that one user.

Thanks so much for the help!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

glad you got it working.