Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Poll Plugin] Solution to clash between Poll Plugin and Roletitle plugin*

This discussion was created from comments split from: [Solved] Has anybody got Polls running with 2.0.18.4?.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Options

I get this error when clicking "Attach a poll":

Fatal error: Call to a member function Result() on a non-object in /home/k0nsl/public_html/forums/plugins/RoleTitle/class.roletitle.plugin.php on line 75

-k0nsl

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@k0nsl

Clearly there is some kind of clash between the two plugins.

What does it say on line 75?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

At this point - you are going to have to disable the either the poll plugin or the roletitle plugin.

until there is a fix.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine said:
    At this point - you are going to have to disable the either the poll plugin or the roletitle plugin.

until there is a fix.

Yeah, that seems to be the only way so far.

-k0nsl

• Options

@k0nsl

@peregrine said: At this point - you are going to have to disable the either the poll plugin or the roletitle plugin.

until there is a fix.

Yeah, that seems to be the only way so far.

-k0nsl

Fwiw - it sounds like an interesting bug to solve, in that one would learn a bit by solving it. So, if I get a fix that allows both to be enabled - I will post it.

By the way - look at kpoll. I've been thinking about writing a new plugin based on the seemingly non-supported plugin by @cereal. Do you have any ideas of enhancements, or changes - aside from the obvious bug you reported. I'm hoping to get a few sponsors, even if it is a minimal amount of $, to help support my effort. So, if anyone thinks it is worthwhile and you want to sponsor let me know.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine said:
    k0nsl

I'll look into it all soon. Thanks re: kpoll, I'll look at that as well. It's just that I am a bit busy right now with a bunch of commitments.

Best wishes,
    -k0nsl

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

i forgot to say @k0nsl - solved your issue - give it a try above and post back if it works for you.

also if you use either of the poll plugins - make sure to add the fixes for XSS scripting vulnerablities that I posted.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/163979/#Comment_163979

I believe i added a change for kpoll also - but I don't have the link.

I also added made a few mods to allow individual users to add and delete and reset there own poll but not anyone elses and few other cosmetic changes as well as the xss script vulnerability fix. I'll release it if I get a slight contribution of $. Otherwise the fix above should be fine for you to enable both roletitle and poll plugins.

• Options

@peregrine said:
    i forgot to say k0nsl - solved your issue - give it a try above and post back if it works for you.

also if you use either of the poll plugins - make sure to add the fixes for XSS scripting vulnerablities that I posted.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/163979/#Comment_163979

I believe i added a change for kpoll also - but I don't have the link.

I also added made a few mods to allow individual users to add and delete and reset there own poll but not anyone elses and few other cosmetic changes as well as the xss script vulnerability fix. I'll release it if I get a slight contribution of $. Otherwise the fix above should be fine for you to enable both roletitle and poll plugins.

Hi,

Got your message. Thanks!
    I've not tried this yet, but will do. I'm currently running 2.1a32 (was running latest stable prior -- when using polls / roletitle). Does polls work on 2.1a32? I've not tried, but I would presume it doesn't since that version is pretty different to the stable release offered for download here on vanillaforums.org
    In any case, thanks a lot for the solution peregrine.

-k0nsl

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

I'm not sure if poll will run on 2.1a32, haven't tested. There doesn't seem too be much interest in this plugin anyway, so it wouldn't be worth the trouble upgrading without sponsorship, if it doesn't work in 2.1a32. I've only tested on 2.0.18.4 where the fixes I made work.