Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is there a way to make Announcements hidden in the Discussions list?

Hello,

As the title says, I have forum rules and whatnot as Announcements, and I would like to not have them show up in the discussions list, since that is more for people wanting to see the latest forum content.
Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

run this in your console and see the impact on this forum

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
        $('.index .Announcement').hide();

});

it will only hide announcements in the

http://vanillaforums.org/discussions (if you run it in console)

but not in categories (if you run it in console) on this page.

http://vanillaforums.org/categories/localization

if that is what you mean.

there are probably other ways to do it. but just incorporate this script into a plugin or possibly themehooks. PM if you want to sponsor a custom plugin.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Thank you peregrine!

I needed to change it to

$('#vanilla_discussions_index .Announcement').hide();

but this does exactly what I wanted. (When you page back in the list from latter pages to p1 the class becomes .Index instead of .index)

• Options

glad it provided some ideas for you.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@jokismo

if you feel like it, post how you added the script - might help others who don't know the follow through.