Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Problems using jsConnect with Java

I am running a Java web application using Apache and Tomcat, and Vanilla Forums is installed on the same server, same domain.
I want to set up SSO so that users logging in to the Java application can automatically be logged in to the Vanilla Forums.

I downloaded and installed jsConnect and enabled it in the list of Plugins in the Dashboard.
I navigated to the jsConnect Settings page, followed the steps to "Add Connection" and the new Client ID shows up in the list on the "JS Connect Settings" page. So far so good.

I downloaded the Java jsConnect client library and copied the index.jsp and the compiled jsConnect class to my Java web application directory. I verify that the URL for the index.jsp page is valid by opening it in the browser.

Of course, I changed the lines in the JSP file where it says: // CHANGE THESE FOUR LINES.

In the Vanilla jsConnect Settings,
I set the "Sign In Url" as the URL of my site, for example: http://www.my-site.com"
I set the "Authenticate Url" as the 'index.jsp' page from the

I logged in to my-site.com and then clicked the "Test URL" link in the "JS Connect Settings" page,
but it just logged me out of my-site.com!

I tried this with secure = false and secure = true in the JSP file.
BTW, I don't see anywhere in the Dashboard settings to specify that this is in TEST mode.

I am using Vanilla 2.0.18.4 and jsConnect 1.0.3b

I don't know where to go from here and would appreciate help.

Comments

• I changed the "Sign In URL" to the Vanilla Forum login page and how I get a JSONP response that looks like:

test({ "uniqueid": "999", "name": "login_name", "email": "abc@site.com", "photourl": "", "clientid": "client_id", "signature": "secret_key" });

If the user does not yet have a login to the Vanilla forum,
    how do I get the dialog for setting up a Vanilla Forum account?

• I think I have finally figured this out.
    The documentation fails to mention one important thing - the URL to do the single sign-on!
    which looks to be the following:

http://www.my-example.com/vanilla/entry/jsconnect?client_id=MY_CLIENT_ID

If using secure connections, then I add the parameters 'timestamp' and 'signature'.

• If you be so good, could you put the code of the index.jsp file ? because i am also trying to do this with my java application .... (Jboss + Seam etc..) and i am stuck.. Or can you give any examples what you did so i can figuer out how to do it for my self ... Thank you in advance !

• @bcdev : as @bongdancristian, you can please help to put index.jsp...I'm researching about it..but when running..the index.jsp works error. Thanks