Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Shoutbox posts not shown

Today I updated Van2Shout: Deleted the old version, deleted the table in the database, installed version 1.0, activated it.
I can see only the input box, can type text, but posts are not shown. The posts appear in the database.
What is wrong?

Comments

• Options

Please check if the table GDN_Shoutbox exists (Van2Shout should have created a new table with same name), and if the posts are stored there!
    If the table doesn't exist, it should be obvious why it doesn't work...
    Everything else will be a little more tricky to fix ;)

• Options

Yes, table exists, posts are in db, but not shown in the shoutbox.

• Options

Do you use the admin user for testing or some regular user? So you could check if the permissions are set correctly... (The admin user has permission for everything out of the box). If the permissions are correct, I guess I have to take a look at your forum myself.

• Options

This affects every user. Members and moderators have the right to post and view, administrator can do anything.
    If you would like to take a look pm me what do you need.
    http://forum.wiazowna.net/

• Options

PS: The same with all plugins disabled and with default theme.

• Options

Check your PM

• Options

The problem was caused by a bug in Van2Shout, it couldn't handle non-standard table prefixes. The fixed version is already online.

• Options

Thank you! Now it works.

• Options

That's good news! Version 1.02 I just published fixes the bug with the progress image... (Most probably, that won't display correctly on your server)

• Options

It works.

No /help, no PM anymore?

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited December 2012

//I'd love to use GDN::Structure but this class does not support Auto_Increment

not really true

besides even if you need to to a custom query there is no reason to circumvent PDO, by using depreciated mysql methods.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@forum_wiazowna_net: I did not implement /help in the new version, but /pm still works, it's just /w (for whipser).
    /w {User} {Message}

@x00
    Yup, I'm working on implementing the standard vanilla classes...
    I will PM you if I get stuck ;-)