Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to fix this "Bonk" mess!

edited December 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Pretty new to this Vanilla flavor (platform), after adding a few plugins twas' okay until I changed to fluid theme I always get this irritating "Bonk"! message. Until now can't login to my dashboard! This is crap!

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Generally the mistakes are made in the installation, it is not crap it's Vanilla . I recommend you use the default theme until you get more familiar.

http://vanillaforums.org/docs/errors

Please post your error message from your error log. I suspect you may need to create some folders but can't know for sure unless you specify , Bonk is a generic message the full info of what is happening is in the error logs from your site.

I understand your frustration but if you want people to help you...be nice

• Options

installation. twas' a clean install and no "bonk" message came up. now i've removed all those plugins i recently installed and still it's there.

default theme. deleted, bootstrap, & fluid theme via FTP but still "bonk" message is there.

installed this forum in the directory using simplescripts installation.

Error logs are from november no december.

• Options

is there way to get the the admin panel w/o seeing the "bonk!" message?

• Options

would a clean install delete the categories i've created already?

• Options

[Wed Dec 19 00:10:56 2012] [error] [client 114.80.109.30] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/php_curl.dll' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/php_curl.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0, referer: http://site.siruibona.com/api/manyou/my.php
    [Wed Dec 19 00:10:56 2012] [notice] cannot use a full URL in a 401 ErrorDocument directive --- ignoring!
    [Wed Dec 19 00:10:58 2012] [notice] cannot use a full URL in a 401 ErrorDocument directive --- ignoring!
    [Wed Dec 19 00:10:59 2012] [error] [client 66.249.74.213] File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/profile.php
    [Wed Dec 19 00:10:59 2012] [notice] cannot use a full URL in a 401 ErrorDocument directive --- ignoring!
    [Wed Dec 19 00:10:59 2012] [error] [client 113.108.12.103] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/php_curl.dll' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/php_curl.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0, referer: http://site.siruibona.com/api/manyou/my.php
    [Wed Dec 19 00:11:00 2012] [warn] RewriteCond: NoCase option for non-regex pattern '-f' is not supported and will be ignored.
    [Wed Dec 19 00:11:01 2012] [warn] RewriteCond: NoCase option for non-regex pattern '-f' is not supported and will be ignored.
    [Wed Dec 19 00:11:02 2012] [error] [client 180.153.160.114] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/php_curl.dll' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/php_curl.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0, referer: http://site.siruibona.com/api/manyou/my.php

• Options

every error causes a log.... going on a limb guessing so try this :

create a new folder inside cache called Smarty and then another called compile inside of Smarty.

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    every error causes a log.... going on a limb guessing so try this :

create a new folder inside cache called Smarty and then another called compile inside of Smarty.

Oh! :D And now you're my hero....

If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason for the mess? Was it a plugin conflict or a theme conflict?

• Options
    edited December 2012

No, it is a defect caused by SimpleScrips I am not sure but it is very common.

It is customary to Click insightful or awesome if the help you received was beneficial , just hover over the post you felt was helpful and pick one, Thanks

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    No, it is a defect caused by SimpleScrips I am not sure but it is very common.

Yaeks! Hmmm.. same with a few wordpress installs, they're the culprit at times.

anyway, just a another tip. how do i remove that default votes, follows views etc., after every post? can't seem to find the switch.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

likely the problem was there, you just hadn't activated a theme which leveraged a smarty template based approach prior to this.