Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Recommended plugins after fresh installation

Hello everyone, what are the most important and stable plugins to be installed after installing a fresh copy of vanilla?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@ahmedaladdin

There's not really a good answer to that, since plugins simply extend the functionality of Vanilla, so the question is: what other functions would you like?

Searching the addons section using keywords related to these functions will normally give you an idea of what is available.

• Options

you might instead - look at this thread and add to it

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/170327/#Comment_170327

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@whu606 said:
    ahmedaladdin
    I am just referring to those plugins listed in the Addons page, some were approved and others are not!
    There's not really a good answer to that, since plugins simply extend the functionality of Vanilla, so the question is: what other functions would you like?

Searching the addons section using keywords related to these functions will normally give you an idea of what is available.

• Options

Sometimes after extracting the plugin, that **Enable **button scares me :) Several checks to be done after enabling a single plugin!

• Options

Thank you @peregrine

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2012

Sometimes after extracting the plugin, that **Enable **button scares me :) Several checks to be done after enabling a single plugin!

you may be suffering from "enableophobia". It generally goes away after time, but may flare up again after using a plugin that doesn't do what you want.

I have yet to see a malicious plugin or one that can't be disabled in the dashboard or via config.php.

Always best to make a good backup of your database before making changes or additions -

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Eventually, I found a developer who is taking care of everything :) ((((ALMOST))))