Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Templates?

I am just very new at Vanilla Forums. Installation, plugins themes etc. But the problem is I do not know where to find the templates in the AdminCP of Vanilla. Can you help me guys??

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@heartrabzzz15

I think what you are referring to as template is what Vanilla calls 'themes', which are in Appearance in the dashboard.

Search the Addons section here, filtering for Themes only, to see a range of free themes users have created.

• Options

Okay sir, but the question is how should I edit the contents of a certain theme such as the sidebars and the headers and menus??

• Options

@heartrabzzz15

Most of the changes in Vanilla can be made in a theme's custom.css file, in the design folder, and in the themes default.master file in views folder.

You will need to know a bit about css and either php or smarty templates, depending on the theme.

If you use a tool like Firebug in Firefox, you can inspect the elements on the page, and make on the fly changes to see how your changes would look.

• Options

Aw, hehe okay sir. Well, would you help me sir in developing for Vanilla?? I am still at this.. :)

• Options

@heartrabzzz15

I'm a 'hobbyist' not a professional developer.

If you want a developer you are going to have pay the going rate, and also be able to provide a very clear brief as to what you need.

If you want to try to learn yourself, I made a theme called annotated_css which annotates the custom.css file to show how to make common changes in Vanilla.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/annotated_css-theme

• Options

Okay sir. I will try your theme Thanks!