Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Importing SQL ?

Hi i am new to this !
I just set up my forum and everything. Now i need to import an SQL file.
I have been running a hosted vanilla solution for a while now and decided to try out open source.
One of the staff has emailed me a data export of my Hosted Vanilla.

How do i go about importing this file ?
I've tried the dashboard and it says incorrect file type so i have absolutely no idea. Ive had a run around my cPanel, but i'm hopeless... still learning the ropes... haha

Any help on how to import my data would be great ! Thanks (:

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

One way would be to do it via phpMyAdmin in the CPanel.

• Options

Oh. That works haha. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !
    I've just spent some time running around phpMyAdmin after your answer, now i've learnt so many things :D

• Options
    omochaomocha New
    edited January 2013

Okay, so i have imported the file, now my members can login, but they cannot see other peoples profiles...
    When you click on another persons image or username, it loads the url: mydomain.com/profile/4/username
    And the page cannot be found.
    Each user has a different number, it was how it worked in hosted vanilla instance.
    How do i go about amending this ?
    Any ideas ? thanks.

Im using Press theme from VanillaSkins, and the latest download of Vanilla Version 2.0.18.4

I get this error message, i have no idea what to do..
    http://maasyd.omocha.com.au/profile/20/Neko

gee, i'm glad i'm still messing around with this behind the scenes before i tell everyone the new forum link.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

here is your error:

Unknown column 'a.CommentActivityID' in 'where clause'
    select a.*, t.FullHeadline as FullHeadline, t.ProfileHeadline as ProfileHeadline, t.AllowComments as AllowComments, t.ShowIcon as ShowIcon, t.RouteCode as RouteCode, t.Name as ActivityType, au.Name as ActivityName, au.Gender as ActivityGender, au.Photo as ActivityPhoto, au.Email as ActivityEmail, ru.Name as RegardingName, ru.Gender as RegardingGender, ru.Email as RegardingEmail, ru.Photo as RegardingPhoto
    from GDN_Activity a

so, it's telling you that the column CommentActivityID does not exist in the table GDN_Activity.

look at the structure of the GDN_Activty table and see if the column is missing or possibly the case is incorrect.

if all of the values were null in the previous incarnation of the table, depending on how the sql export was done, that column may not have been included.

Bottom line is you have a database issue that you need to correct.

• Options

Have you checked that

CommentActivityID

is a column in

GDN_Activity

• Options
    omochaomocha New
    edited January 2013

Okay, there is no column named CommentActivityID. I have added one, and now it works, i can load the page.

BUT it won't let me comment in the "Recent activity" and on peoples profiles. I can type stuff into the comments box, but when i press "share" it seems to load but nothing happens and the comment box is blank. So are there particular values that i need to put in the column when i create it ? I'm going to try a few.. hopefully it doesn't cause anything to blow up :P
    Or perhaps it is something totally unrelated...

Thank you for your answers so far ! i really appreciate it (:

• Options

omocha

When I'm having a play like this, I create a 'clean' Vanilla install.

That way, I can check the Vanilla created DB settings with my imported ones.

It looks like your DB was from Vanilla 2.018 and you are now using Vanilla 2.1.

You could always set up Vanilla 2.018.4 for now, and then you probably wouldn't have these issues.

When 2.1 is released I am sure Vanilla will include a proper DB converter.