Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Dev Question: Passing additional data through jsConnect

Just wondering how well this is supported. For example, if the authentication site - WordPress in my case - has the user's desired locale, then can that be passed to Vanilla through jsConnect as an additional data item? Would that be a core change to Vanilla to pick that value up, or a plugin that can handle it?

The old ProxyConnect kind of managed to handle any arbitrary items that you wanted to pass (they would sometimes get lost on logging in for the first time, but were always available for subsequent logins). For the locale passed through jsConnect, I would be looking for it to be very reliable.

The documentation is good, so I could probably work out how to do it, but just asking in case it is something that someone has already done and could point me towards an example.

Thanks,

--Jason

Tagged: