Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla v2 - Forum Integration - Force links in your widgets to go to your forum page - 404 error!

The option to force widget links to open in your wordpress page versus a full page of it's own does not work. I get a 404 error. Is there a work around for fix for this?

Comments

• Seriously? I have to say this is the slowest response for help I've ever seen. Your plugins don't work! Need help so they do work. I think the problem is obvious and probably something other users are having trouble with. Hello? Does Vanilla have any support?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2012

Does Vanilla have any support?

Yes, try vanillaforums.com - they can host your site and they have support. I believe it is paid support.

But you probably need to tell them what version of vanilla you are running. since V2 means nothing.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Why would the widget link open in your wordpress pages? Unless you are confusing widgets with embed.

Sure way to not get help is to act in a tiff about plugins people have provided for free.

Of which you don't mention which plugin nor provide hardly any information at all.

This is a forum where help is provided by people like yourself it is not a dedicated support, you don't usually get that for free software.

How about providing a link to the example and one such url that fails.

grep is your friend.

• yes it's the embed. The option to open pages in your merged WordPress site versus opening the forum in a new window on it's own. The widget has links in the right column links to recent posts etc. When clicked on they, by default, go to the forum, but open it in it's own window. So in other words it opens outside of the WordPress site. I have the forum merged with my WordPress site and styled for the WordPress site, so I'd like for the forum to open on the page I have in WordPress, which this option is supposed to do, but when I check the box I get a 404 error.

I don't want to share the page yet publicly, but if you want I can send the url to you x00 if you'd be willing to take a look. Thanks!

• And actually oXX, it might be easier if we could connect in chat somewhere because this way I can turn on and off the option so you can see the difference between having this option checked and not checked and maybe by doing this you'll see what is causing the issue? Not sure if you have Steam, but if you do we can talk there or Google chat if you'd like. Thanks.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@GroupGATOR look into Vanilla Forums Wordpress plugin file vanilla-forums/widgets.php

try to edit that and put this in there..without a link to the problem it is not easy to figure out..

$link_url = vf_get_link_url($options);

• @vrijvlinder said:
    GroupGATOR look into Vanilla Forums Wordpress plugin file vanilla-forums/widgets.php

try to edit that and put this in there..without a link to the problem it is not easy to figure out..

$link_url = vf_get_link_url($options);

Hi, vrijvlinder, Ya i know it's way harder without a url, but I really don't want the url going public at all for now, the site isn't done yet, but if you want the url I can send it to you in pm or something, let me know thanks.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

sure send it I will check it out, your privacy is important...there is no way to experience the problem by osmosis, unless it is a common issue which would then be found by searching.