Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Where CharSet change? ¿Donde cambio Juego de caracteres?

This problem:

It is the character set, not sure as UTF-8, but in config.php not find where to change it, where is this statement?
I should add that the database tables were created with utf8_unicode_ci

Thanks

ORIGINAL:
Se que es el Juego de caracteres, seguro no esta como UTF-8, pero en el archivo config.php no encuentro donde cambiarlo, ¿donde está esta declaración?
Debo agregar que las tablas de la BD se crearon con utf8_unicode_ci

Gracias.

Tagged:

Comments

  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited December 2012

    en forum/config/config_defaults.php

    $Configuration['Database']['CharacterEncoding']                = 'utf8';
    $Configuration['Database']['DatabasePrefix']                    = 'GDN_';
    $Configuration['Database']['ExtendedProperties']['Collate']     = 'utf8_unicode_ci';
    

    creo que tendrás que usar utf8mb4

    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/charset-unicode-utf8mb4.html

    checa que tu navegador/browser este configurado con utf8

  • x00x00 MVP
    edited December 2012

    never edit directly config_defaults use config

    you also have
    $Configuration['Garden']['Charset'] = 'utf-8';

    for the display charset.

    it is theme dependent but that should add the charset. if not you can add the meta tag.

    There is also another possibility, which is data loss, if you imported, and the tables where not in the right format, then it will save without proper character conversion. If this is not happing with new posts, that would be a clue.

    if it is happening with new post, then possibly you need to set PDO connection settings.

    grep is your friend.

    YAcosta
  • @vrijvlinder said:
    en forum/config/config_defaults.php

    > $Configuration['Database']['CharacterEncoding']                = 'utf8';
    > $Configuration['Database']['DatabasePrefix']                    = 'GDN_';
    > $Configuration['Database']['ExtendedProperties']['Collate']     = 'utf8_unicode_ci';
    > 

    creo que tendrás que usar utf8mb4

    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/charset-unicode-utf8mb4.html

    checa que tu navegador/browser este configurado con utf8

    Lo tengo exactamente así. Lo del enlace voy a ver. Me resulta extraño porque en mi otro foro no tuve problemas de charset.
    Gracias

  • @x00 said:
    never edit directly config_defaults use config

    you also have
    $Configuration['Garden']['Charset'] = 'utf-8';

    for the display charset.

    it is theme dependent but that should add the charset. if not you can add the meta tag.

    There is also another possibility, which is data loss, if you imported, and the tables where not in the right format, then it will save without proper character conversion. If this is not happing with new posts, that would be a clue.

    if it is happening with new post, then possibly you need to set PDO connection settings.

    this line
    $ Configuration ['Garden'] ['charset'] = 'utf-8';

    in config.php I have not, I'll add it.

    EDIT:
    You add it and the problem continues.

    I must say that if I publish in the same forum (www.vanillaforo.com / forum) with tildes the charset working properly. But as the forum I have it embedded in the blog made ​​with wordpress (www.vanillaforo.com), when I do a web publication from that replicates the post in the forum and there goes wrong.
    I'll check the charset of the blog, maybe this is the problem there

    ORIGINAL:
    Ya lo agregue y el problema sigue.

    Debo aclarar que si publico en el mismo foro (www.vanillaforo.com/forum) con tildes el charset funciona correctamente. Pero como el foro lo tengo embebido en el blog hecho con wordpress (www.vanillaforo.com), cuando hago una publicacion desde esa web el post se replica en el foro y alli sale mal.
    Voy a revisar el charset del blog, quiza alli este el problema

  • YAcostaYAcosta
    edited December 2012

    Yes, this blog also with utf8_general_ci
    The site was created from scratch.
    The problem arose from the original topic, the issue is not the culprit.

    ORIGINAL
    Si, el blog también esta con utf8_general_ci
    El sitio fue creado desde cero.
    El problema se presento desde el tema original, el tema no es el culpable.

  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited December 2012

    Algo esta pasando cuando sale de wordpress aver si esto te ayuda

    http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/how-to-fix-the-character-encoding-problem-in-wordpress-1480

    y si le metes en tu tema en el default.master.php en la sección del head

    meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/

  • If you are talking about the embed vanilla comments, that uses a privative curl based scraper, to pick the content out.

    It either takes from description meta tag or from the first paragraph.

    grep is your friend.

  • @x00 said:
    If you are talking about the embed vanilla comments, that uses a privative curl based scraper, to pick the content out.

    It either takes from description meta tag or from the first paragraph.

    Google Translate does not work well, I can not understand. I'll get someone to translate for me correctly your comment.

    thanks

    ORIGINAL
    El traductor de google no trabaja bien, no logro entenderlo. Voy a buscar a alguien para que me traduzca correctamente su comentario.

    Mil gracias

    Traduccion de google:
    Si usted está hablando acerca de los comentarios de vainilla EMBED, que utiliza un raspador privativo basado en rizo, para recoger el contenido fuera.

    O bien lleva de etiqueta meta descripción o en el primer párrafo.

    ¿Que querra decir raspador privativo basado en rizo?
    Lo de la etiqueta tampoco me queda claro.

  • @vrijvlinder said:
    Algo esta pasando cuando sale de wordpress aver si esto te ayuda

    http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/how-to-fix-the-character-encoding-problem-in-wordpress-1480

    y si le metes en tu tema en el default.master.php en la sección del head

    meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/

    Hice el cambio del enlace, pero fue peor, al comentar las lineas indicadas mas bien el blog presento caracteres extraños.

  • YAcostaYAcosta
    edited December 2012

    I think the problem was resolved.
    He had previously said he had no line in config.php
    $ Configuration ['Garden'] ['charset'] = 'utf-8';

    Now I just made a new publication and this has tildes and ejects properly published.
    The above are the ones who are wrong, editare and see how it goes on.

    Thank you very much.

    ORIGINAL:
    Creo que el problema se resolvió.
    Anteriormente habia comentado que no tenia en el config.php la linea
    $ Configuration ['Garden'] ['charset'] = 'utf-8'; (as said @x00)

    Ahora acabo de hacer una nueva publicación y esta que tiene tildes ya sale correctamente publicado.
    Los anteriores son los que están mal, los editare y veremos como va en adelante.

    Muchas gracias.

    vrijvlinder
  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

    @x00 no he means that when he posts in the embedded forum in wordpress that when they get posted in the standalone forum they are converted wrong. It is as if they convert the characters to another language.

Sign In or Register to comment.