Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How do i install a theme ?

omochaomocha New
edited January 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi !

I'm new to all this, my first venture into open source and basically doing everything myself.
I've just downloaded a Vanilla 2 Theme, now i do not know how to go about installing it..
I have uploaded the files to the themes folder, but i don't see anything in the dashboard.
I have unzipped it, i have even gone as far as editing the config.php line: $Configuration['Garden']['Theme']
to my theme name, still no show...
Any help for a newbie please (:

Much appreciated

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Which version of Vanilla are you using?

Which theme did you download?

Unzip the files before moving them to the themes folder.

There should be a single folder with the theme name, containing a file called about.php, and at least a folder called design, which will have a custom.css file.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited January 2013

check the file permissions.

if it is in the themes folder and it is a theme, and the permission allow it to be seen by the application then it will show in /dashboard/settings/themes

grep is your friend.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

and make sure you have a folder in the cache called Smarty and one inside that called compile. If those are not there, then create them.

• Options
    omochaomocha New
    edited January 2013

okay thanks !

Im using the latest download of vanilla.
    Im using the PRESS theme. I just downloaded another file and they are different sizes by a few kb, so i think it might have been corrupted during download. Works fine now, thanks guys.