Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Discussions Layout broken for "My Discussions"?

Hi there!

I'm using 2.1b1.8 together with the Bootstrap theme (irrelevant to this problem, though).
After I finally found the "Homepage"-tab and changes everything to "Table layout" I was pretty surprised to see that /discussions/mine still are using the "Modern layout", breaking the consistency.

I'm new to Vanilla, so I don't know if this is a bug or a "feature", but I would like to know how to fix this issue.

Comments

• I think you might report this to githib.

https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues

The worst that would happen is they will disagree with you. However your case make some sense.

grep is your friend.

• I'm just afraid it won't help much. After looking around it looks to me more and more like the table layout was just a quick hack.

To fix the isssue with "my discussions" all that's needed is to add the code thats already added to all the other cases in the categoriescontroller, for selecting the "table.php"-view.

Tags still use the "modern layout". The tab for "my discussions" under profiles still uses the "modern layout". I just don't know where to start.

• Hi, i too had a same issue.
    The problem is in the newer version of vanilla, i guess.
    Replace the the line,

echo '<li'.($CssClass == '' ? '' : ' class="'.$CssClass.'"').'>'.Anchor(GetValue('TabHtml', $TabInfo, $TabCode), GetValue('TabUrl', $TabInfo), array('class' => 'TabLink'))."</li>\r\n";

with,

echo '<li'.($CssClass == '' ? '' : ' class="'.$CssClass.'"').'>'.Anchor($TabCode, GetValue('TabUrl', $TabInfo), array('class' => 'TabLink'))."</li>\r\n";

in tabs.php

Cheers!!!