Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

what is the name of this area in css code file

i want to change the color of this comment area but i am not good at coding, i just want to try by my self, could you please help me finding this area in the css code file


  • it is always best to use a tool like firebug or google chrome inspect. Although I could tell you, the layout can have several element within each other. That is why you use these tool for any styling.

    grep is your friend.

  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

    textarea#Form_Body.TextBox,#ConversationForm textarea.MultiComplete, #ConversationForm .TextBox, #MessageForm textarea, div.Comment div.CommentForm, div.Comment div.CommentForm textarea, div.CommentForm textarea, #DiscussionForm input.InputBox, #DiscussionForm textarea input#Form_Tags.InputBox

    these are the text areas

  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited January 2013

    You won't find color codes for these areas in the css, you need to put them in. Most text areas/input areas are white by default and vary from browser to browser.

    some text input boxes have two states, focused, is when you put the text cursor on the box and start to write. And non focused state. You may have to add the color changes for both if you notice it changes back to white . Just add :focus after each.

  • thank you

Sign In or Register to comment.