Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Not redirecting after auto sign in (see plugin)*

mol35mol35 New
edited August 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have jsConnect site wide sso working with a java backend.
Installed jsConnect Autosign in, browse to a url like

http://localhost/vanilla/index.php?p=/mycategory/subcategory

It auto sign's in using jsConnect but does not redirect to the above url, it goes to

http://localhost/vanilla/index.php?p=/entry/signin&Target=ycategory%2subcategory

This is the sign in page with 'Or you can...' at the bottom but no sso button or anything.
If I browse to the original url it works.

What am I missing?

Comments

• what version of vanilla?

grep is your friend.

• edited July 2013

I'm seeing the same problem on 2.0.18.4

I have nicer URLs set up, so the URL is more like this:

http://example.com/entry/signin&Target=post/discussion

but the same issue - the page is delivered, like a signon page but without a login form (if the user is not logged onto the WP site, then the login form does get shown), but we don't get redirected to post/discussion

Is this something that has been explicitly fixed in a later version? I cannot upgrade the whole of Vanilla in this instance, but if there is a patch I can back-port, then will be happy to do that.

• where does it get redirected to?

grep is your friend.

• you need to upgrade from 2.0.18.4 to 2.0.18.8 for security reasons. They are almost identical, so there should be no issue with the update. Search on the forum if you want to update the individual files.

grep is your friend.

• Hi, I find the same problem on 2.0.18.8, and addon is 0.1.5b.

For example, my site is "example.com", and vanilla is "example.com/forum".
    When I login site, then go to "example.com/forum/post/discussion",
    page doesn't redirect to "post/discussion", and stops at "example.com/forum/entry/signin?Target=post%2Fdiscussion".
    If I go to "example.com/forum", I can find I'm already login.

• If you go back to example.com/forum are you still signed in?

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    If you go back to example.com/forum are you still signed in?

Yes, I'm signed in. Only the first "forum/post/discussion" cannot redirect.

When page stops at example.com/forum/entry/signin?Target=post%2Fdiscussion, I can see "connecting" popup box flashing for seconds, then disappears. It seems login is successful, but page doesn't redirect after "connecting" disappears.

I don't know if can add some redirect code in js file to fix this problem.
    Can you give some advice? Thanks

• so all that is not happening is the redirect?

Are using any form of minifier?

grep is your friend.

• Yes you are right I didn't account for this. I will simply take the target and redirect.

grep is your friend.

• Thing is it should have redirected anyway, just that becuase the request came from a dynamically generated form (not ajax), reather then pointing in a browser. It seems not to care. So I make a last ditch redirect.

grep is your friend.

• Great, it worked! Page can redirect.
    @x00, Thanks.