Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Colour of Sign In/Apply for membership buttons.

wiiuideaswiiuideas New
edited January 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi there,

Just moved onto the Nebula version 3.03 theme (very good by the way) and there seems to be an issue with the colouring on the Sign In/Apply for membership buttons. The font colour is white on white with a blue shadow which makes it look ugly and hard to read.

Example http://streamthegame.net/

Is the an easy way to change the colour. I've looked in the custom.css but I'm am lost.

Thanks in advance,

wombateer.

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Use a tool like Firebug in Firefox to find out what css rules govern the element you want to change, then make the changes in custom.css

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

a.Button.SignInPopup{color:#000;} and

a.Button.ApplyButton{color:#000;}

• Options
    aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

@wiiuideas if you want to change text color for all the buttons, go to custom.css and find a.Button. Changecolor:#fff to whatever you want. Preferably #333 also change text-shadow to #EEE.

If you want to change only those two buttons text color, use vrijvlinder's code.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Hello all,

First thanks for your feedback everyone. Still struggling with this. :(

Could not find vrijvlinder's code in the custom.css?

Also @aery I located this code (posted below) and changed the font to #333 and text shadow to #EEE, but nothing happens?

The code.

a.Button {
    background: url(images/bigbutton.png);
    display: inline-block;
    line-height: 100%;
    margin: 3px auto;
    padding: 4px;
    color:#333;
    text-shadow: 0 1px 0 #EEE;

Was originally this.

a.Button {
    background: url(images/bigbutton.png);
    display: inline-block;
    line-height: 100%;
    margin: 3px auto;
    padding: 4px;
    color:#fff;
    text-shadow: 0 1px 0 blue;;

Any more help would be much appreciated.

wombateer.

• Options
    aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

@wiiuideas Well, it looks fixed to me on your website now. May be your old CSS was cached by PageSpeed plugin

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yea looks like you fixed it ...by the way, not all codes appear in the custom.css unless the author of the theme put them in. If the code you need is not in the custom.css, just put it in yourself. :)

• Options

Thanks all, don't know what happen there? It is fixed now, once again thanks all. :)