Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Great theme, how to make quotes stand out?

Just switch to your theme, very clean! I'm using the Quotes plugin, what's the best way to make a quote stand out in a post? It's just indented now, how would I add a background color or some other distinguishing styling?

Comments

• Options
    aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Go the Nebula themes custom.css

Add following -

blockquote.Quote, div.QuoteText {
    padding: 10px 10px 10px 15px;
    background: #EEE;
    border-left: 6px solid #CCC;
    }

You can find other styles from http://www.cssnewbie.com/six-ways-style-blockquotes/ or make your own.

Important part is putting those styles in blockquote.Quote, div.QuoteText for Quotes plugin

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Thanks @aery !

How about adding some more space/padding to this area: http://d.pr/i/BliN

Luke

• Options

@peripatew The problem with adding some padding to those "Quote Edit Delete" is that the comment text slides down and does not look symmetric. Or in other words, with padding on those elements, there comes a huge white space between box border and comment text.

This results in inconsistency for logged-in user and search-engine visitors. Therefore I have left it as it is. Anyways, those elements are visible to moderators/admins only.

• Options

@aery Thanks again for the response. Wouldn't registered users also see the "Quote"? For admin stuff it doesn't bother me, but I was assuming the Quote would be there, but I didn't think it would be just the Quote. Perhaps that alone allows enough room for most posts.

What would be the way to add in padding via css if I wanted to experiment with padding on the bottom?

• Options

@peripatew you are right. Quote will be visible to registered members.

You can add top padding to .DataList .Meta class in custom css like padding-top: 10px;

To push comment text down, you have to replace add padding-top:padding: 20px to class .MessageList .Message in custom.css