Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Somehow the term "Discussions" was replaced with the word "Tickets:

dan33410dan33410 New
edited January 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

So this is weird. One of our customers installed a version of Vanilla, but where it normally says "Start a new discussion" it now says "Open a Ticket" and where it should say Categories on the side bar it now says "Tickets". How can I change this back? I am not sure where in the code this is.

And ideas?

Comments

• Options

Oops, here is another thing I need to change in the menu. I need to replace the word Tickets. Any advice with that would be appreciated.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

check your locale file for definitions

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited January 2013

@dan33410

When you say 'customers', does that mean they are paying you to know this stuff?

• Options

hahaha. I have installed Vanilla many, many times, I have just never seen that change.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

That would come in handy for some tech support forum...or the complaints department...

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Like this

• Options

@dan33410 said:
    So this is weird. One of our customers installed a version of Vanilla, but where it normally says "Start a new discussion" it now says "Open a Ticket" and where it should say Categories on the side bar it now says "Tickets". How can I change this back?

I think there's a helpdesk-type plugin out there and he might have installed it?

• Options

dan33410 first of what version of vanilla are they installing? They seem to inherited someone else's setup. If they don't want it, they could change it, but is seem pointless working against a version that could be a complete fork, or with many custom addons.

If this comes from the third part installer all the reason to avoid those. They are normally out of date too

grep is your friend.

• Options

Hi guys, underdog was right. it was a help desk addon.