Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Member that acts like admin

edited January 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi Guys,

Few days ago we migrated from PunBB to Vanilla with the help of your importer tool. All was good and without major complaints. Today I was contacted by one of the users asking me if he's suppose to have admin's privileges, even though he's clearly a "member" without roles and permissions to be anything but the basic member where he can post discussions and ask questions.

I checked and re-checked the roles and permissions and also checked this particular account and it's a member, without permissions to act as an admin.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Emil

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi,

I was just about to add few more notes. Vanilla importer, (or...?) for some unknown reason, created two identical ID's for this user and one of them was 0, instead of 3.

So what I did first was to create new role, checked all permissions just to make sure, deleted Members and assigned them to newly created role. This fixed all others that did not have "correct" role, however not for this specific member and about 10-15 others.

MySQL was the answer for the rest where I manually changed them to the correct role value and deleted all duplicates as well. So far, so good, hopefully this will be it.

Thanks,
    Emil

• If you have saved those MySQL queries, you are my personal hero for today :-) Can you post them here or on the Vanilla Wiki?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Hi,

Sorry I haven't saved them :(

Emil